What we learned this week
Gallery of images
Contact page with map
Personal setting and adding a Gravatur
Background and header changes
Adding a Contact page
Adding a Gallery
Adding an Image to you Page
- add an image to your page, users, personal settings,gravatar,Poll daddy, widgets, navigation menus,sharing , making a static front page ,write in the the 3rd person and present tense, keep it short and sweet. Use navigation menus and by extension encourages more reading
Step 1 – Place your cursor
In order to add an image to your page or post, you must first place your cursor in the body of the page and where you want the image to appear.
- By placing your cursor in front of text, you can add images in line with your content. You can also place your cursor on a blank line if you want the image to appear by itself instead.
Step 2 – Click the Add Media button
Once you’ve placed your cursor on the line where you want your image to appear, click on the Add Media button to launch the media uploader interface, and then select the Insert Media option from the list of actions in the left side of the media uploader window.
Step 3 – Add or Select Your Image
- You can add or select the image you want to add to your page or post by choosing from either of the following options in the center of the media uploader window:
- Upload Files: Upload the image you want to use from your computer by dragging it into the upload area.
- Media Library: Select from any previously uploaded images in the media library by clicking on the one you wish to add to your page or post.
- Once you have selected or uploaded the image you want to add, You will see a checkbox next to the thumbnail confirming your selection, and see information about it displayed in the Attachment Details pane on the right hand side of the media uploader interface.
Step 4 – Attachment Details
The Attachment Details pane displays a small un-cropped thumbnail of the image, as well as important information such as the filename, date uploaded, and image dimensions in pixels.
There are also action links that allow you to Edit Image, which takes you to the Edit Image page, or to Delete Permanently to remove the image from your site.
In addition, you can edit the following media information:
- Title: The title of this media.
- Caption: The caption for this image. The text you enter here will be displayed below the image.
- Alternate Text: Enter the Alt text for the image, e.g. “The Mona Lisa” to describe the media.
- Description: A description for this particular media.
For more information on these media settings, see the Edit Media page.